Pages

background

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Best leftovers ever!

So I have always been a foodie and loved cooking homemade meals for my family, but it has gotten much worse since I've been pregnant, as you can imagine.  If I love a meal, I LOVE that meal.  And I loved our dinner last night, but I LOVED it as lunch today.  It is a healthy lasagna soup.  I think soups make the best leftovers because the flavors just mix together more and it becomes more flavorful overnight.  Last night I served it with a big ol' leafy green salad and garlic bread I made out of leftover hamburger buns I froze a few weeks ago with butter and garlic powder heated in the oven for about 10 minutes (sounds weird but it's delish.  my mom used to do this all the time when I was a kid.) and today I just had it with a piece of my homemade wheat bread with butter on it.  I tried to upload some pictures, but it keeps messing up my Internet Explorer, so no pictures for you!  But here is the link to the recipe Healthy Lasagna Soup.  I used chicken Italian sausage because I couldn't find turkey, dried basil because I hate buying fresh herbs for some reason, and I topped ours with more fresh parmesan cheese because...well, do I really need to explain that.  :)  I have a list of food to make and freeze for my family to have on hand after the birth of my daughter and Jason and I unanimously decided this would go to the top of the list.  I'm not sure how the noodles will be after defrosting, but we'll see!  I clearly loved this recipe, my husband loved it, and my toddler loved it.  Mommy for the win!  Bon apetite!

With love, Doni


No comments:

Post a Comment