Pages

background

Friday, March 22, 2013

Hi, I'm Doni, and you are......?

     Hello!  Boy have I been gone a while!  I started this blog to document my pregnancy with my son back in 2010.  And I successfully posted two whole blog posts!  And then I quit.  I have a history of doing things like this (I also have a mommy journal I started when my son was a few months old and I only have one entry in there.).  HOPEFULLY this one will last longer.  I have much more to say this time around.

     So let me just fill you all in on who I am and what I'm about...

     I am a mother of a two year old son, I am in my late 20's (wahhhhh!), and I have been married to the love of my life since May of 2009.  They are my everything.  As I have had the difficult realization over the last year or so that my relationships with my friends are different now that we are all grown up and that some people in my life are users and not really there for me like I thought, they have been my constants.  They are always there and I know they always will be. 

     When I was pregnant with my son, my eyes were opened to the fact that my lifestyle was not the healthiest.  I thought I was eating pretty good, but boy was I wrong!  So, he changed that completely.  Then his arrival sent me into overdrive.  I became more aware of toxins that are everywhere and I just wanted to hide him from them, which in turn meant hiding myself and my husband from them.  The health of my boys is my complete inspiration for everything I do and every change I have made to our lifestyle over the last two years. 

     So now I am 5 and a half months pregnant with the little girl I have dreamed about forever, planning a homebirth this summer, and trying to be the perfect stay at home mom and wife.   It's hard.  I find navigating this new life is much more difficult than my old life.  It was so much easier to be totally unaware.  At least I think so.  Some people make it look like second nature.  Hopefully I'll get there some day.  The sooner the better. 

    I hope you all enjoy my new, revamped blog!  Be prepared to see a lot about breastfeeding, natural childbirth, homemade goodies, my love for my husband, my love for my son, cloth diapers, and essential oils.    

With love, Doni

No comments:

Post a Comment